<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Back to civilization

11.28.2004
Well it's a dreary day here in CT and I worked all day but I just had to come update my blog. :)

You'll see from the sidebar that I accomplished quite a bit while I was away. Most of the work I'm showing here was done on trips to physical therapy with my Mom (she had knee surgery two weeks before Thanksgiving). She drove and I stitched. Not a bad deal. :)

First, I finished the magic stripes socks!! I was so excited when I finally finished the last one. No second sock syndrome for me! And they actually fit.



And just like a kid with a new toy I had to wear them the very next day. They are super cozy and feel really nice. I'll definitely be making more socks with this yarn. Just have to see how it holds up to washing. Hopefully that won't change my mind. Best of all, now that I'm done with these I'm ready for the new pattern for the 6 sox knitalong which will be posted this week! Koigu here I come! :)

Then I finished another OPH (Operation Purple Heart) ghan for HMB.



It went in the mail on Saturday to it's new owner in NJ. I've already signed up to do another. I'm hoping that I might be able to do a couple during my break from school. They are so badly needed.

Next I finished up the pair of Voodoo's I wanted to make for a Christmas present:



I am the hand model here and they aren't for me so they are a bit tight. Don't worry, I do have a thumb, even if it isn't evident from the pic. I did these in Woolease with a size 5 Addi circ and did both at once. It was a bit of a tangle with the two balls of yarn but once I finally got the hang of it I was able to finish them in a day. I hope the recipient likes them.

Then I finished up another Christmas present:



This bearghan is another pattern from HMB. People make these for children that are ill or are having some other kind of difficulty in their lives. I made this one for the new baby a friend of mine just adopted from Korea. The nose is a little crooked, but I think it gives him character, don't you? Once I finally figured out how to crochet the squares together instead of sewing them it went pretty quickly. If I ever do one again, I think I will do it in 12 inch squares instead of six. Makes for faster assembling and less ends to weave in at the end.

I also started the afghan I'm making to give as a wedding present. My best friend from high school is getting married on Jan. 2nd and I found a pattern on a skein of yarn for a "diamond trellis" afghan. I thought it was appropriate. I'll have pics of that one soon.

And for those of you who can't get enough cat pics, here is Simba's uncle Buster being posed for a pic with my Mom:



Don't they both look thrilled?

Simba had a good time visiting her grandparents:



Not only did she get to hang out on the couch and watch the birdfeeder (or "Kitty TV" as we call it. KTV for short), she also got to play with just about anything:

It's definitely a cat's life.