<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Confessions of a twisted knitter

11.12.2004
Thanks for the comments on the socks. It wasn't easy to get that second one done, but I made it!

Now for the new stuff: Can I just say, CT drivers are C-R-A-Z-Y!! Last night I was on my way to rehearsal in 5pm traffic which everyone knows is bad around here. Especially where two highways which shall remain nameless (you know who you are!) merge. Well I slow down and come to a stop on a ramp and suddenly I hear *bang* *bang* behind me. It kinda sounded like a dump truck going over a bump. Unfortunately it wasn't. Lucky for me I was not involved but the three cars directly behind me were! Talk about a close call! And I won't even get into how rehearsal went...

So here I am on a Friday night blogging. I decided this would be what I would do to relax after a week of running my tail off. Yes I have no life. Simba doesn't approve but she will just have to live. I've done a bunch of updating on ye olde blog tonight. I finally have the link to my finished objects pics working, links to other blogs working through there buttons, a scrolling marquee and some other fun stuff. This is still very much an "under construction" site, but I'm getting there.

Speaking of under construction, the Magic Stripes socks are coming along. My knitting before rehearsals has become very popular, especially with the trombone section. I've gotten everything from "what are you making?" to "Don't forget, I have 12 toes so make sure you make it big enough!". LOL. Gotta love trombone players...I guess. At least the principle apologized in advance for playing so loud. That's a rare occurrence. But I digress... back to the sock....

I've finally got the cuff part done and have started to work the heel flap. There are some tension "issues" in the cuff, but this is my first attempt at non-twisted knitting so you've gotta cut me a little slack (no pun intended!). And they are also for me so if I can stand it why should anyone else care?! I originally started the heel flap before rehearsal last night but ended up frogging it just now and starting again. At least it is working better this time. I finally figured out that this whole "twisted stitches" thing has me all in a tizzy. I was so worried about not twisting stitches that I was slipping the slip stitches as if you would knit them. That made the next round a bit tight. I was really getting ticked last night with 5 min. to go before rehearsal started. Guess that's what I get for not warming up. When I frogged it I it also took me a bit of messing to figure out how to get things going in the right direction again. The magic loop thing had me a bit confused at one point. But now it's fixed and all is well I think. Here's a pic of what I have so far:


Cuff and beginning of heel

Not too bad I think. I think I'll be much happier when the heel flap is done.


How 'bout those not twisted stitches!

Well I think that's enough computer time for one day! Happy Knitting and Crocheting!