<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Soggy sleeves aren't cool

12.17.2004
Ok...did anyone else know that the sun doesn't even come up in Southern CT until after 7am these days?! I find that incredibly weird.

Anyway, if you couldn't already tell, there was a bit of no sleeping going on at my place last night. I woke up around 4:30am and didn't get back to sleep until 7:30am. After looking through a couple of books I decided to try and do something constructive. Big mistake. I finished my sleeves for the Quick Cable sweater at SnB last night and was told about an article in Knitty about seaming. Being immediately inspired, I decided that I must block my sleeves. It quickly became apparent that no decisions should be made prior to 7am because I am obviously certifiably insane at that hour. Here are my poor wet little sleeves:



I don't think this blocking thing is going so well. They don't really seem like they are going to be easier to sew at all. They just look wet and sad and now I think they may get the hairdryer taken to them just so I can actually do something with them soon. Very frustrating.

Something complete unreal happened when I go home last night. So unreal that I must publish it here for all the world to see.

I do not have enough yarn in my stash for a project I wanted to do.

Yes, you read it correctly. I am completely flabbergasted by this strange turn of events. When I got back last night I was thinking that I might start this vintage pattern before I start Mariah since I don't have the yarn for that yet.




You can't see from the pic too well but it's a cute little cardi. I thought I would do it in Red Heart just for a quick cheap simple wearable project. That's where the shocking part comes in. I do not have enough of any one color to do it. I need a mere 20 oz. and I just don't have enough of anything. Well, I shouldn't say anything. I could do some pretty ugly things with what I have, but I don't have enough of anything to make it worth doing. I have plenty of Stars and Stripes (a red white and blue variegated) but I think that would be a little much. I was going to do it in a plum color but I don't have enough! I'm still in shock. Maybe it's the lack of sleep.

Something else happened last night of which you should all be aware also. A trip to Michael's turned into a sales tax fiasco. Check out Eklecktica's entry for today for the full story. Suffice it to say, CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS!!

I also picked up the latest issue of Family Circle Easy Knitting yesterday. I got it mostly because of these two sweaters:



Preppy


and



Romantic
Anyone up for another knitalong? I'm not usually a pink person, but I love these. And I also find this completely hysterical because I never thought I'd ever catch myself wearing or even considering wearing anything called "preppy". I was the total goth chick in high school. Complete with wallet on a chain, technicolor hair and flannel shirts. My how times have changed. It must be a librarian thing. Although you won't catch me with sensible shoes and my hair in a bun any time soon either.
And now to figure out what to do with soggy sleeves....