<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Mom reads the blog!

1.14.2005
I really meant to post earlier in the day but I suddenly found myself running out to a concert. Such is the life of a starving artist I guess.

So I have a bunch of random stuff to catch you all up on.

I was finally accepted into the New England Knits webring over the holidays and I don't think I ever posted about it so...yay me!

Check out the hit counter! I'm over 1,000 hits!! Yay me again! :)

Lauren e-mailed me yesterday to go check out Lolly who may be starting a blog about her adventures in Librarianship. When I went over there I discovered the Librarians who Knit webring and immediately joined. I got approved almost as fast! So ya'll know I'm in Library School and I'm an apiring music cataloger, right? In fact, my very last semester starts on the 24th. I'm not exactly looking forward to it. Afterall, I've been at this higher education thing since 1996 (oye!), and I'm VERY nervous about the job market. But the fact that there is actually light at the end of the tunnel is kind of a nice feeling. I will be yelling "no more teachers, no more books..." at the top of my lungs come May. You'd better believe it.

Third, apparently my Mom reads the blog as evidenced by the beginning of this e-mail I received yesterday:

"Hi Jess, So Mom kick's ass!!! Nice to know. ;-))"

Definitely file that under random things that make me happy. :) And speaking of things that make me happy,

I HAVE HOCKEY TICKETS THIS WEEKEND!!!!

I'm so excited I could spit (but I won't). My dad is coming out on Saturday and we're off to see the Hartford Wolfpack play the Bridgeport SoundTigers. Yeah yeah, I know. It's only the AHL and it's kind of like watching the Rangers play the Islanders...but for gods sake it's HOCKEY. I'm so in withdrawal I pulled out my "Miracle" DVD the other night. I'm beginning to fear that I may wear it out before spring. So I wonder if I can knit or crochet while I watch the game? Never tried that one before. There's always a first time. We're also going to the Yale vs. Brown game at the end of the month too. I'm afraid we both might go into shock seeing two games in one month. I'll keep you posted.

Next month I'm going to Vancouver, BC for a conference. I was hoping to hook up with the Vancouver SnB but they apparently only meet on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month and I'm coming home the day before the 3rd Monday. :( They did recently post some LYS details on their blog though so maybe I'll be able to sneak away for a little fiber bliss during the conference. If anyone has any tips for things that must be done while in Vancouver (fiber related or otherwise) do share!

I finally ordered by books from Amazon last night. I got both Stitch n' Bitches and the Knitting in Plain English book. Since no one here had anything to say about it, I'll just have to do a review for future blog fodder. Can't wait to see those happy boxes from Amazon. And oh yeah...I ordered my book for my class too. :-P

So I know we're like, halfway through January already but I think I've finally formulated a short "knitting and crochet resolution list" for this year. It reads as follows:

1. Do more things for me (that was a real rarity until recently).
2. Learn to knit with more than one color in a pattern (not just stripes).
3. After this long holiday weekend, don't buy any more yarn* until my birthday (in March).
* Yarn purchased with gift certificates or while out of the country, or because I need it for the new sock in the 6 sox knitalong does not count.

Short, sweet and to the point. I think it works. Anyone else have any resolutions?

I've also found some fun stuff on some other blogs lately. Check out the counter near the top of this blog. Love it!
This post also kinda cracked me up. Mostly because I kind of had a knitting slumber party at my place for New Year's.
I've also seen several blogs do this list so I thought I'd give you mine. Yes I'm jumping on the bandwagon but I think these things are kind of a fun getting-to-know-you sort of thing.
Grooming Products
Shampoo: Suave Naturals.
Conditioner: Matrix Curl Life
Moisturizer: Neutrogena something or other...
Toothpaste: Mentadent

Electronics
Cell phone: LG something or other from Verizon
Computer: HP Omnibook xe4400s laptop with a Linksys wireless network I installed myself.
Television: 27 inch Sanyo in the livingroom and a 12 inch Orion in the bedroom.
Stereo: The one I bought before I went off to college with one of my scholarships from my little High School. And my computer and iPod of course.
Home
Sheets: IKEA at the moment.
Coffee-maker: Godiva
Car: 1996 GMC Jimmy.
Stationery: E-mail.
Beverages
Bottled water: Got a Brita but I occasionally buy Stop n' Shop.
Coffee: Not allowed any more (but when I do it anyway it's Starbucks).
Vodka: Vanilla something my Polish friend gave me at Bassoon camp. (It's so good I actually remember drinking it!)
Beer: ICK!
Tea: Celestial Seasonings mostly.
Clothes
Jeans: Old Navy bootcut or weekenders.
T-shirt: Also Old Navy.
Briefcase or tote: My felted bag.
Sneakers: I believe a pair of Nike's exist in the depths of my closet somewhere.
Watch: Cell phone.
Favorite Places (in no particular order)
Moraine Lake, Banff, Alberta, Canada
HSBC Arena
Home (as in Mom and Dad's house)
Lake Minnewaska State Park
Necessary Extravagances
Cottonelle Toilet Paper (cheap toilet paper really pisses me off for some reason)
DSL
Slightly more than basic cable (or I wouldn't get ESPN!)
Hockey tickets
Yarn of course!
In my next post I promise pictures of some project progress!! (Say that three times fast!)