<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Got front? and music

2.01.2005
I warned you about this. Don't say I didn't tell ya so...

1. Total amount of music files on your computer?
Well iTunes says 2.70 GB plus I have another folder with 229 MB in it.


2. The last CD you bought was:
Fallen by Evanescense (I guess I'm still a goth chick at heart) [By the way, do people really buy CDs anymore?]


3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
I seriously can't remember. And I also think there is a difference between "listening" and "hearing".


4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
Now this is tough one. I think this is one of those things that is always changing but I'll try to include ones that I seem to listen to a lot now or that mean something to me and maybe I don't listen to very often and any mix of the two (these are in no particular order)...

1. "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson (it kind of annoys me to finally know how they spell "you" in the title though)

2. "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson (lest you get the wrong idea, I am not a Kelly Clarkson fan. I have this weird thing where I can't listen to classical music in the car. It puts me to sleep unless I know the piece. And when I'm alone, I sing at the top of my lungs... and improvise harmonies. So my disclaimer is that I actually liked/found meaning in these songs before I knew it was Kelly Clarkson singing them. Besides, it's not like she wrote them, she just performs them. Much like me and Mr. Beethoven.)

3. "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M. (My all-time fave band. Michael Stipe is a god. For this I add no disclaimer.)

4. "Everybody's Fool" by Evanescence

5. "100 Years" by Five for Fighting (It's my cell phone ringer. And besides, how could any self respecting hockey fan not love a group called "Five for Fighting"? Duh!)

5. What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?
Eklectica because she hasn't done it yet.
Heide because she's local and I think she'll do it.
Jenn because I think she could use something fun.
Ok. So am I totally boring or what? And seriously, do you really think you learned anything good about me? I can think of many more questions about music listening/owning habits that would tell the world much more, but I'm not going to plague blogland with another one of these things.

Now that my obligations there are done, on to knitting and crocheting stuff.

Michael's had Woolease Thick 'n Quick on sale this week and my gift card from Xmas has been burning a hole in my pocket so I bought this:



To make this:



My pics really suck tonight so I apologize. (I really shouldn't try to take my blog pics at night when I hardly have any lights on...)
The lovely garment pictured above is from the Interweave Crochet issue that was released this fall. It's called the "Open Fan Cardigan" by Doris Chan and I have been absolutely drooling over it ever since I picked up a copy of the mag this past Labor Day weekend. I bought the black yarn figuring it will be useable as concert attire if necessary. I just hope I don't go blind trying to work with it. I'm planning on using this as a "reward" project. Translation: If I get two more units of homework done before the end of the weekend I'm gonna try and wip this one off. The directions say it can be completed in a few hours. Maybe it will be a good project to time. And heck, the Super Bowl is Sunday. What better to do during that? I'll be sure to let you know the results.

I've managed to do a bit more crocheting on another certain cardigan...

Lookie! Two fronts that kinda match! :) Always a happy thing. I think I'm going to concentrate on knitting for the rest of the week though. Lately crocheting for long periods has been giving me a funny feeling at the base of my left thumb like my little problem from around this time last year may be resurfacing and I'm not going to allow that! Knitting doesn't seem to bother me lately though so at least I can continue that. I really need to get my current socks off the needles now that the new 6 sox pattern is up. I'm so glad I got the patriotic colors. I think this one is going to be really cool. I'm a little worried about the short rows...but I won't loose sleep over them until I get there.
Speaking of sleep, I'm outta here!