<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

The insanity continues

2.25.2005
Yowsa! I did not expect to be out of blogland as long as I have been. I guess that's just the way it goes sometimes. I'm very happy to be back, but I must say Vancouver is fabulous. You must go if you ever get the chance. Promise! The conference was wonderful too. I met tons of great people, learned a lot of great new stuff and actually for the first time felt like I understood what was going on. Two thumbs up for sure. I made several job contacts while I was there and that's where life really gets crazy. Let's just say this, I got back to Albany at something like 10pm Sunday night, Dad drove me home in a snow storm, I didn't leave NY until Tuesday afternoon and when I finally got into cell range I had two messages asking me to do an interview on Wednesday! I made the appointment as I was driving down the highway and had the interview less than 24 hours later. Things went unbelievably well considering the circumstances. Thursday I had a paper due and tonight I have rehearsal, tomorrow I have rehearsal, sunday I have rehearsal and a concert. It just continues from there so I won't bore you with all the sordid details. Suffice it to say my new mantra is "take a deep breath"!

All of that was to say, I haven't done a heck of a lot of knitting or crocheting lately. I did get to go on a "yarn safari" while I was in Vancouver and I will detail that in a future post. I'm finally caught up on my blog reading and I have to fulfill some responsibilities.

First, Chrissie tagged me. I fear you will find this incredibly boring but here goes:

1. How much space is left on your TIVO?
I do not own a TIVO. Starving musicians don't own TIVO's. I hope to remedy this in the future.

2. Have you ever bought a DVD of a tv series and if so which one?
My entire DVD collection can be housed in a small CD envelope thingy. Betcha can't guess the answer to this one then huh?

3. What was the last tv show you watched before reading this message?
David Letterman last night. I really need to start getting to bed before midnight.

4. List five shows you won't miss:
Oh lordy. Well, I rarely have such a luxury but if it were a perfect world they would probably be Oprah, Letterman, The Late Late Show, Passions (I can't believe I'm going to admit that on the 'net) and every NHL hockey game ever played (if they ever play again).

5. *Question added by Lauren* List your favorite shows of all time:
The first two and the last one of number four and my head hurts too much to think of any others.

Now that I've fulfilled that obligation I just want to give a shout out to Drew. Hi Drew! Drew is new to the blogging world so go say hi. He's done some awesome square designs for HMB and is working on a lovely bedspread right now.

And now a few more shots of Vancouver since that's all I got was a few more shots. They are all from the airport:



Like you couldn't tell these are airport pics.



There should be more mountains like these in the world....



None of these shots really do the place justice and none of them show you how cool downtown looks on the backdrop of the mountains...but at least you have a small clue.
Next entry: Progress on projects and my yarn safari tale (please don't hold your breath...it really isn't that exciting).