<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Mariah Monday

2.07.2005
Here's a real quicky post. As you can see there hasn't been much Mariah progress this week:



I haven't done squat on the sleeves and this is just the beginning of the other front next to the first one. I started this at SnB last week and worked on it during the Super Bowl (Go Pats!) and that's about it. Exciting huh?

So why not so much stuff to show you wonder? Well, let's put it this way, I had a fabulous weekend of Super Bowl knitting with Eklectika and a fellow SnB buddy, among other things, and I have been paying for it today with work, laundry, homework, breadmaking and assorted other totally fun stuff. On top of all that, I'm in full fledged "one week until I leave for Vancouver and I still don't have a dress for the banquet or know what I'm packing" panic mode. The latest weather report was a bit weird, so that isn't making my life easier at the moment. At least I have shoes (thanks Sami!). :)

But my life can't be all stress. In between taking quizzes I did manage to do this:


before


after

That's right. Shrinky Dink stitch markers! (Or zipper pulls if you're my Mom). 3 min. of pure magic and stress relieving fun. You can find the full tutorial here. I think this is the coolest thing ever (or until tomorrow at least) and I can't wait to actually be able to finish them. I have beads leftover from my sock adventure here, but the wire is in NY and I just don't see any point in buying more at the moment at $3 for a spool.
I did work on the open fan cardigan this weekend but I'm not real happy with the way it looks on me so far. More on that it my next post.
Goodnight!