<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Making nice with Mr. Crockpot

3.17.2005
Like my new knitting bag?



What? You say it looks like a contrabassoon gig bag? Well, technically you would be right. However last night I threw the back of Mariah in it and went off to orchestra rehearsal only to find when I got there that it was only a string rehearsal but the contractor had never bothered to call and inform me of that. 60 mile round trip for nothing, thank you very much. So I turned a bad thing into a good thing and went to stitch and bitch instead. In case you don't know, one cannot leave a contrabassoon in a car for over an hour in 30 degree weather. Furthermore, one cannot leave a contrabassoon in a car for over an hour unattended no matter what the circumstances. So me and my contra went knitting. What the heck, why not right?!
Since others have been sharing food recipes I thought I would present one of my latest. You see, Mr. Crockpot and I had a little pow-wow. He was feeling neglected and rightfully so. Granted I got him at a yard sale for $3 several years ago, but that shouldn't reflect on his net worth. "I'll cook when you aren't here!" he said. "I can make food that will be hot and yummy and you can just eat it when you walk in the door" he said. I decided his argument could not be countered so this is what I did:
1 package Purdue Short Cuts (cooked chicken in a ziplock bag. Holds 2 cups)
1 package sliced mushrooms
1 package baby carrots
1 green bell pepper cut in chunks
A few celery stalks cut in chunks
2 cans tomato sauce (I used classico)
A little water (to wash out the tomato sauce jars)
Some minced garlic
A palmful of dry chopped onion
Throw ingredients in Mr. Crockpot. Stir them up. Turn him on high at 11:30am. Come home at 5:30pm to the smell of someone cooking all day. Sit down and eat yummy hot meal. Run out to orchestra rehearsal (for no damn reason).
How easy is that? I had two rather large servings and the good news is I have enough to eat for dinner 4 more times this week (well maybe that isn't good news. Good thing I put three in the freezer!). And I think it took me all of 10 min. to put together. Can't beat that. What we won't discuss is the current condition of Mr. Crockpot. I don't think he bargained for that.
By the way, if you have a link to my blog on your blog and I don't know about it, could you drop me a comment and let me know? I'm planning on doing some spring cleaning around here (both in the physical world and the blog world) on Sunday (which is only appropriate since it is the first day of spring and looks as though it will be snowing around here *grr*) and I would like to return the favor. I know there is probably some magic internet trick for me to figure this out on my own, but I have yet to discover what it is. I'd also like to figure out how other people find out how others got to their blog by googling something or other. Anyone who has the answers and wants to clue me in, feel free.
Oh yeah,
HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!!!