<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Tempting, but not so satisfying?

4.07.2005
Who me start another project?




Guilty as charged! Yup that's tempting on the needles already. Go figure.

But there is good news and bad news with this project already. The good news:




I have successfully completed by first tubular cast on! Thanks to Sami boldly going before me and telling me the waters were fine I did this last night at SnB. Not too bad. The only real problem was that the waste yarn didn't come out like it was supposed to and I had to pull it all out with a crochet hook. Not too terrible.

The bad news: I can't purl in the round like I normally do and it's driving me crazy! Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while already know that I am a weird ass knitter. This basically means that I have to knit differently in the round than I do when making flat pieces, mostly because I do this weird thing where I twist my purl stitches but I untwist them when I knit on the other side. Since that doesn't happen in the round, big problem! Until now I haven't really had to purl in the round, but if one is going to do 2 x 2 rib one must purl. Damn it anyway.

You can see by the first pic that I have managed to do this correctly, but that was only after knitting and tinking a row and a half. I hate tinking too. I don't have time in my life for going backward. So my quick and easy knit is turning into a bit of an annoyance. So much for quick and easy. Obviously, I supplied the bitching at SnB last night! However, R. suggested to me that I explore the Norwegian Purl, which I just did, and I think I like it. Maybe all is not lost. We shall see.

I also must let you know that I have a super secret project I am working on which may take time away from my usual ho hum fab content. As it is super secret, that's all I'm saying. I will probably add a progress bar to let you know how far along it is. After it is complete there will be a big reveal. You can beg and plead all you want, but I'm not talkin'!

One last thing, if you are as desperately in need of a serious vacation as I am, check out Fabric of Life Retreats. One of our N. Haven SnBers is co-owner of this new venture (who, by the way, did not ask me to post this for her. I'm just doing it because I think it's cool and I so want to go!) and they have some really wonderful sounding retreats planned including Yoga and Knitting! Now if only my job/life situation would clear up so I could go to something cool like that....