<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Final Mariah Monday!!

5.16.2005
And now the moment you've all been waiting for... my Mariah is DONE!!! It only took 5 months but I've finally completed the most complicated project I've ever taken on. There were moments when I was really wondering if I'd ever finish this thing, but now I can say I did!

Thanks to Eklectika's zipper expertise it got finished off yesterday. The zipper thing is not quite as scary as I thought it was going to be, but what I do know for sure is that I totally would have made a mess of it if I'd tried it myself. And since I don't own nor do I even have a clue how to use a sewing machine (much less a needle and thread most times) seeking help made this a lot better. Thanks again Eklectika!!

So here's my completed pic:




Mariah pattern in Kitty by Jodi Green Knit January 1, 2005 - May 15, 2005

Yarn : Jo Sharp Soho Summer DK Cotton in Calico


Needles : Size 7 addi turbos baby!


Modifications : I lengthened the body by one inch and instead of doing a hood I did a fold over collar. I also knit the largest size because I don't generally like things to be too clingy.


I'm seriously considering doing another of these in wool sometime this fall, but I'll have to see what I'm doing and where I'm living at the time.

I have 14 balls of this yarn leftover too. I think some of it is destined for Kool-aid and a summer top and/or shrug. All I know is I'm not knitting or crocheting anything in cream for a while. I need color in my life!

And many thanks and a standing ovation to Jodi for such a great pattern and all your help on the knitalong during this process. You rock!!