<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Pictures as promised

5.06.2005
Friday already?! I can hardly believe it. This week has just flown by. Stomp was awesome and my Mom had a good time. It was nice to see that each show is a little different. They had a few different pieces than the last time I saw it but still included some of the best parts (like the 55 gallon drums and the sink draining, not to mention the brooms). The weirdest part was just as it started, Mom leaned over and said "I wonder if they ever break anything" and shortly thereafter one of the broom handles broke! So did several other things throughout the course of the show. [insert twilight zone music here]


Thanks to my photographer/Mom I was able to get a couple of pics of AGB the other day and here they are:


front



back

The only modification I had to do was to sew up the sleeves a little more than the pattern called for. It was falling off my shoulders otherwise but now it fits quite nicely. It's amazing how fast a project can be when it's only sleeves! I really think the shrug is my new favorite wardrobe addition. I may do one of the ones in the new interweave soon.

And now I must answer a book meme that Lolly tagged me with:

Book Meme

* Total number of books in your house... Probably a couple of hundred. I don't have much space and some of the things can hardly be called "books" but between bassoon stuff, school stuff and crafting stuff I'd say I have a decent collection.

* The last book you bought was... Funny you should ask. Mom and I hit Barnes and Noble on the way to Stomp the other night and I got these:

Ayurveda by Anna Selby
(my doshas have been pretty out of whack lately and I need a little balance)

A vegetarian cookbook

Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
(I've been meaning to pick this up for a while. It's supposedly about an opera singer entertaining a party that is suddenly taken over by terrorists. Thought it might be an interesting "reading for pleasure" read.)

* Five Books You Often Read or That Mean A Lot to You... Hmm...that's a tough one. I'm not really the read for enjoyment type lately so I'll just give you some recent favs:

The DaVinci Code - Dan Brown
(Mom just gave me Angles and Demons to finally read)

Memoirs of a Geshia - Arthur Golden
(disturbing but captivating)

Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom
(read on a plane ride. I really hate trying not to cry in public!)

IBM and the Holocaust - Edwin Black
(I still haven't finished this but it's really interesting. If you really want to get pissed off about how the Holocaust really happened and why things are the way they are today, have a look at this one)

Seabiscuit - Laura Hillenbrand
(A really wonderful book. So glad I read it before I saw the movie although the movie really did do a good job with the story despite the fact that it had to cut a lot out to fit into a two hour timeframe.)

* Who are you going to pass this on to and why ... Sami because she just finished school and might actually have some reading time, not to mention she's a new blogger and hasn't gotten one of these fun things yet, Drew because I'm really curious and Chris because I wonder if she has time to read between taking care of bunnies and horses and spinning and knitting!