<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Back from the brink of disaster...

7.10.2005
Ok. So the title is a little overly dramatic. But it's been a crazy couple of weeks with no computer. I am one of those people who usually has breakfast with the Internet. A dead hard drive was a bit of a departure from my usual routine. Imagine me, half awake, full bowl of morning cereal in hand, wandering aimlessly around my apartment, trying to figure out what the heck to do with myself. Not a pretty picture. I had no idea that TV was so BAD in the morning. And turning on the TV to get the weather report and having to wait until 8:08 or 8:18 or whatever?! Are you kidding me?!?! Seriously. I don't know about y'all, but not having the world of information at my fingertips day and night was a bit unnerving. What did we do before the Internet?

But now all is much better. I'm a proud owner of an HP Pavilion zd8000 notebook which I bought on Saturday after quite the ordeal. First came the decision, then they didn't have one in stock, then the closest one was in Kingston, NY which just happens to be 30 min. from my parents so they were going to go get it for me, then I found out it was the display model and said the hell with it, then my father suggested seeing what they would knock off the price, then I ended up with the display model from the place I was standing in. Walking out of a store with a new computer that is completely naked (i.e. no box, no case, nothing) felt quite weird...but I don't care...I HAVE A COMPUTER! A computer which I have spent many hours configuring to get everything the way I like it. I'm still not quite there, but it's definitely coming along.

And if I may offer a word of advice to all my dear friends out there:

MAKE A BACKUP OF ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO LOOSE RIGHT NOW!!

Go! Seriously. I'll be here when you get back.





Did you do it? Good. Don't be a jackass like me and loose everything and I do mean EVERYTHING to a system meltdown. And if you want to be really slick, get yourself one of these. I have one now and I will not be without my resume and cover letter again. And considering I turned down a job offer last week (!), I'm gonna need them.



Tomorrow, actual knitting content.




For now, Goodnight!