<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Another FO!

9.12.2005
After a nice weekend of various distractions (not the least of which was a morning and part of an afternoon of knitting and crocheting time) I'm feeling a lot better than I was when I wrote my last post. Thank you all for your comments and words of comfort. They certainly helped!

Another thing that always helps my mood is another Finished Object to add to my list. Here it is:


Not the greatest pic but it works. Cable 8 is done and it was quite an enjoyable knit. I didn't even realize when I started it that the directions call for it to be crocheted together. I always say I knit and crochet because I hate sewing, so this was a welcome surprise. If I was going to change one thing about this, I might crochet it together and do the sleeves with one strand of yarn instead of two. The seams and the sleeves seem a little too stiff compared to the rest of the garment right now. I'm thinking a wash might relax it a little though.

Considering the temperatures around here are expected to be in the high 80s for the next couple of days, I'd say I finished this just in time.

And I started a new project for my interviewing train travels:


This is the Fluted Banister pattern from the 6 socks knitalong. This was one of the first patterns they came out with, long before I actually joined. I've been wanting to try it for a while and I finally worked it into my project list. I'm making these to go with this sweater that I made last year. They are about the same color, but my feet are so far from my top I figure it won't make much difference! ;) I decided to try doing these one at a time because I wasn't sure I'd be able to figure them out two at once. So far it's a really simple pattern that gives the sock a great "squishy" feeling that I'm really looking forward to wearing.

By the way, I'm still part of the knitalong, but I haven't been keeping up with it lately. I just can't seem to knit socks as fast as some other people out there.



Next time, another new project!