<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Thursday already?!

9.22.2005
I guess time flies when you're getting ready for and taking an interview.


But now that that's done I can sit back, relax, and knit! :)



Last weekend I made my way to the Fabric place to buy yarn. I got there about 30 min. before they closed so I wouldn't do my usual ridiculously long decision making ritual. I ended up with 7 skeins (because they had 7 skeins) of this:


It's Lamb's Pride worsted in sapphire and it's going to become Samus. Just as soon as I can get something off my size 8 needles!

More interview time means more train time so my fluted banisters are progressing nicely:



A couple of problems though. 1. I'm using a size 2 needle instead of a 1 and apparently it is making more of a difference than I had anticipated. The heel flap seemed huge after 34 of 40 rows so I stopped and continued on with turning the heel and making the foot. Now I've been reducing through the gusset like crazy and it's still too big for the foot (I started out with a total of 80 stitches for the cuff). 2. It looks like I'm going to run out of yarn again! I can't get any more of this yarn in this color (it's Silja I bought at the Fabric Place last year) but I could do the toes a different color.

So here's what I'm thinking of doing: Frog back to the end of the cuff and instead of continuing the pattern down the foot, I'd do a row of plain knit stitches and reduce down to about 60 stitches, then proceed as the pattern calls for with the heel flap etc. The foot would just be plain stockinette all the way around. Does that make sense or will it totally throw the entire thing off?



And just because I can:



Simba must have been having one of "those" days. ;)





Next time: What's on the needles that's keeping me and Samus apart...