<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

The big announcement

10.06.2005
So I told you last post that I would have a big announcement on Thursday. Without further ado, here it is:


I GOT A JOB!!


Yes. That's right. A real, honest to goodness, full-time, we-give-you-days-to-get-sick-and-we-still-pay-you-and-even-pay-for-your-doctor's-bill JOB! Yesterday afternoon I officially accepted the position as the new music cataloger at the New York Public Library. I can't even begin to tell you how happy, excited, scared, nervous and all around freeked out I am about this. I have a real job. A real job that I will spend four hours a day commuting to and from (can you say "Serious Knitting Time", 'cause I sure can!). A real job that will pay for my health insurance. A real job that will make me pretend to behave like a grown-up. I'm so freeked out by all this that I even woke up at 5am this morning without an alarm! (I'd normally be pissed as hell about that fact but I guess I'd better get used to it.)

I start October 24th and I have to be there at 9am. While I'm really going to miss my colleagues at Yale, I am already dreaming about what it will mean to have health insurance that my parents don't have to practically mortgage their home to pay for and money to buy groceries without worrying about paying the rent. Not to mention having my own desk, my own computer, my own chair... This all couldn't come at a better time.

So what did I do to celebrate?


Sabres 6 - Islanders 4

Hockey baby!! The first game of the new season after a year long lockout and my Sabres won the home opener!! And I even got to see it!! (It ain't easy to get your team on t.v. when you live 9 hours away.) I did have to sacrifice SnB time for it, but I'll try to make up for that tonight. Notice the requisite order of wings for the festivities. That is very important. They may only be New Haven wings, but one must have the proper food for first game of the season hockey watching.

Could this week get any better?



Oh yeah. The answer is YES! Wallace and Gromit comes out tomorrow and I'm going to see it with HWJF! And then I'm going home on Saturday to visit my parents.



Life is good. I'm a very lucky girl.