<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

So much to do....

10.11.2005
Thank you all so much for the congratulatory comments on the new job. I'm very excited about all of this. It's definitely going to be a big change, but it's nice to know that I might finally be able to get on with the rest of my life. I'm really no longer a student! It's a nice feeling.

Obviously there is a lot to do in preparation for the change and it mostly involves this:


Yes, there has been some serious shopping going on. Comfortable shoes being the biggest priority. I think I've got myself pretty well covered at this point. Just a few more things to go. I went home this weekend and visited the folks. We did a little celebrating with a wonderful home cooked meal and little shopping. I also got my winter clothes back and packed away some summer stuff. It was nice to see some of the things I made last winter again! I'd almost forgotten about things like my Dusty Miller. It's like meeting up with an old friend.

There has been some knitting in the meantime between trying to get my life together. I joined this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In hopes of it motivating me to finish these:



Yep. Still plugging away at the Fluted Banister socks from the 6 sox knitalong year 1. Only this time I'm doing it with 60 stitches instead of 80. MUCH better fit! And just to recap, I'm using Silja yarn which is 80% superwash wool and 20% nylon. This particular pattern makes for a nice "squishy" texture in the pattern and I think they will wear well thanks to the nylon.

Since Lolly posted it, I took this quiz:

Super long sock
Wow! You would have been a pair of socks as long as it's possible for socks to be before they're tights - and all multi-colored with pretty patterns and detail all over the place - then you could stand and admire your sock-self all day!

What type of sock are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Apparently I have quite the penchant for socks (like I didn't know that). I'm hoping to have several more pairs in the coming months. I think they will make great train knitting. In fact, I may start another pair before I start the new job, just so I have something more to talk about for the knitalong.




Next time: Hopefully there will be a finished picture of Sitcom and more sock progress....