<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

We've got sleeves!

10.01.2005
Thank you everyone for all the nice comments I received on my second Clapotis. I'm really enjoying it a lot now that the weather here in CT has turned a bit cooler.

Thursday HWJF and I went up to the Big E. Both of us had never been before so it seemed like a good idea for something to do on a day off. Despite the hurricane force winds and rain that pounded us for a while and then the freezing temperatures that followed we still managed to have a good time (the camera didn't make an appearance considering the weather). We ate way too much of course but we saw some interesting shows and best of all there was hot apple cider in the Vermont building. The craft displays were quite beautiful and there was definitely some amazing knitting and crocheting to see. The "fiber nook" had some nice deals on some yarn, but I'm saving what little money I have for Rhinebeck.

I do have to say though, being that this is the Eastern states exposition, I was feeling a bit left out as a native New Yorker. We may not be New England, but were are East! Then again, as HWJF pointed out, calling the place the big N might not have been the best idea...

Today I returned some good moving karma in the morning and the rest of the afternoon has been spent watching rather boring, blowout football games. I love me my football, but at least be within a 20 point spread! Geez.

During the driving to the Big E and this afternoon I've made some serious progress on Sitcom:



I've got sleeves! Always a good thing for a cardigan to have.

And I just finished the yoke detailing:


The eyelets aren't showing up much, but maybe that will look better after a bit of blocking. I also realized that I need to find a button for this pretty soon if I want to finish it. It would be nice to wear it a couple of times before it gets too cold.

The only major modification so far, I lengthened the sleeves a couple of inches. I think it was a good move considering when I tried it on a little while ago they were still 3/4 sleeves despite the extra inches. I'd hate to think what they would have been like otherwise!

And now I leave you with this meme I saw over at Knitting and 9-0:

1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.

2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans...

----------
Re-post this if you believe in legalizing gay marriage
----------