<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Week two is in the books...

11.05.2005
Hard to believe another week has gone. Week two of the new job went pretty well. I'm getting a bit tired of cataloging Latin Pop CDs (have you ever heard of Reggaeton, cause I hadn't until this week!), but I should be moving on to other things next week. I think I am still in denial that I'm really doing this. Maybe that's because of the crazy warm weather we've been having around here. I usually have lunch inside and then go out for a walk on my 30 min. break in the afternoon, but yesterday I went outside for lunch. I got a panini at PAX and then wandered over to Bryant Park to sit and eat. As I sat there looking around me at the tall buildings against a clear blue sky and the hustle and bustle of NYC swirling all around me, I really felt like I was in a dream. It just doesn't seem like it can possibly be real. Add to the mix that it was Nov. 4th and it was over 60 degrees and people were still ice skating in the park and I think you will understand. Very weird.

On my break yesterday I took a walk over to Times Square. Still can't believe how close it is to where I work. And I can't help but think that come the holidays it is going to be very cool to take a quick walk over to see the prep for the ball drop. Another day I took a walk past the Yarn Connection. It was kind of a trial run to see just how close it is should I need something. But after noting their hours and that it's only about a 10 min. walk, I kept on going. Still waiting for that third paycheck. How's that for self control?



Train knitting this week saw the completion of this:



Yep. It's the boyfriend scarf blocking as I type (on the floor because it was too big for the bed I might add [which only confirms my need for a bigger bed as I've been saying for ages]). The lucky recipient should receive it tonight (now that its supposed to be 70 degree today, sheesh). Now if I can only get him to pose for a pic for the blog... Well, maybe the fact that I have enough leftover to make a hat can be used as a bargaining chip.... ;)


And while Socktober fest is officially over, I did cast these on Halloween night in anticipation of the scarf being finished:



They are the "Winter socks" from the Magic Loop book in Lion Brand Woolease. I don't know the color name since this is leftover that's been in my stash for ages. This sock would probably be done already if I had the measurements of the recipient. And I won't say who that is since it is supposed to be a Xmas present and they *might* read the blog. I should be set with that soon and then I'm almost sure I can finish these off by the end of next week. Making socks with worsted weight yarn sure goes quick!

Next post I hope to share last weekend's hike providing someone *cough* HWJF *cough* gets me the pictures. For now it's off to run a billion errands and get the laundry done. Ahh the life of a working girl. ;)