<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Week in review...

12.02.2005
It's hard to believe another week has gone by and I'm just getting around to posting something! Where the heck does the time go lately? Oh yeah. Life. That's where it goes. In fact, I saw the best bumper sticker during my travels last weekend. It said:

I used to have a life,
But my job ate it.


No truer words have I seen lately!

Anyway, in the time since I last posted I had a very nice Thanksgiving at home with the folks. I took the train from NYC to Poughkeepsie and Mom picked me up at the station which is about a 45 min. drive away from home. Luckily, I didn't have to fork over any more cash to the MTA since my New Haven ticket covered me. The next day was Turkey Day and I woke up to this:


Yikes! Who turned on winter?! I do not approve!!


Don't the birdies look hungry? I would be too if I was out in that.

This morning I was wondering why I had so much laundry to do. Then I finally realized that the only "laundry" I did last weekend was a little felting magic. Behold! Three finished Sophie bags before felting:


And after:

(Soda can used for scale.)

I'm pretty pleased with how these turned out. The little button loops that I put on the purple ones didn't felt much. I think it will still be a nice closure for the bag though. The green bag I'm pretty proud of.


(Sorry for the pic on it's side. Ran out of blogging time.)

It seems to be a little twisted but my attempt to make a fold over flap seems to have been successful. Hopefully the recipients of these will be as happy as I am with them.

I had seriously thought about doing a sort of "Felt your own gift" with these but I chickened out. Anyone ever done that? Where you give the item to the person unfelted and give them instructions on how to do it themselves? I decided not to because I wasn't sure of the washing machine access that most of the recipients had. If you've done it before, how did it turn out?

Other than these things my week has been pretty normal except for one occurrence. My "blog" wrote back to me on my last post. Don't believe me? Go check the comments. And no, I didn't write that all myself and post it to be self serving. I know how it happened now. And I just have to say that I have the most wonderful and sweet "blog" on the planet. So there.

More actual knitting content this weekend perhaps...