<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

I must really have been sick...

3.04.2006


Because I almost forgot the most important part of my trip to Memphis! The yarn shopping of course!



The last couple of years I've taken a couple of hours out of the conference to check out a local yarn shop. This year I made a trip to The Yarn Studio, which was only a short cab ride from my hotel. What a cute shop! I wish I had thought to bring the camera so I could have taken pictures inside. They had a nice selection of a variety of different things including Rowan yarns, Koigu, a bunch of different types of sock yarn and lots of patterns and samples. I had it in my head that I wanted something to make a shawl with so I ended up with this:



It's Karabella Lace Mohair, 540 yards per skein. I love the color and the softness is comparable to the infamous Kidsilk Haze while costing a good deal less for more yardage. Anyone had any experience with this yarn? I'm still not sure what pattern I'd use with it. I'd love to hear any suggestions you might have for shawls or other wearables that would make good use of 1080 yards of laceweight!



Olympic-like knitting...


I'm making good use of my sick time in the meanwhile. One of my college roommates is pregnant and her baby shower is March 12th. I can't make it up to Binghamton to go, but I'm making a baby blanket to send. Here it is so far, one ball finished:



It's a simple basketweave pattern.




I've got three skeins to go but it's got to be finished, washed and in the mail before the end of next week. Will I make it? Tune in next week...