<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Sock alert!!

3.23.2006
Jaywalker Socks


Pattern: Jaywalker Socks from Magknits
Yarn: Trekking XXL
Needles: Size 2 Addi Turbos
Size: Small
Knit: Feb. 16 - March 20, 2006

Love this pattern! Love these socks! What more can I say? It was a great pattern for travel knitting once I got the hang of it and I really enjoyed knitting it. The yarn was a lot of fun too and I'm totally ok with the fraternal nature of these socks. I have a shirt that will go just perfectly with these and I can't wait to wear them both together and see if anyone notices. I lucked out with the fit considering I went up a needle size from the pattern. The chevron pattern seems to make them snug enough for me despite the fact that it uses several more stitches than I normally would for socks for me at this gauge. I think I may make a pair for HWJF using the stitch count for the large size. But for now, these are MINE! :-)

So now I just need to update my sock counters in the sidebar. Just a quick note that there will be a significant difference in the "Count Your Socks" counter. I somehow had it in my head that we were only supposed to count the ones we made for ourselves. In other words, socks made as gifts didn't count. Lynda cleared that up for me and now I'm going to fix up my counter. Just call me a big lame brain.


[Don't forget to get your entries in for the contest I talked about in my last entry. You've only got about 1 week left!]