<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Crochet returns!

5.10.2006
First, thank you all so much for all the nice comments on the Heirloom Aran Pullover! I was so excited to finish it and I really am happy with how it turned out. But I do feel a bit liberated in that I can finally move on to things that aren't wool! Speaking of which...

This here little blog has been seriously lacking in crochet content for quite sometime. In fact, I just went back and figured out that the last thing I completed that was crocheted was the wedding afghan I made last July. Yikes!

I guess I just haven't been inspired by many of the crochet patterns I've been seeing lately. A lot of the sweaters just don't seem to drape nicely or have design elements that are interesting to me. I did buy this book a couple of months ago, but I either wasn't in the mood to get into another big sweater project or didn't have the cash to buy the yarn for it (mostly because I was buying yarn for other things).

I realized recently that I hadn't crocheted much of anything except for the occasional granny square for Heartmade Blessings (something else I really hope to get back to after I move to NJ and have all sorts of new free time on my hands *yeah, right*) and I really wanted to get back to it. I thought about doing a doily but my eyes are a little tired these days after 7 hours a day or more of staring at a computer screen. Then I heard about Crochet Cast and after listening to a couple of episodes and checking out some of the new IK Crochet issues the bug finally bit.




While it may look like a weird ass doily at the moment it really is the Lacy Leaf Cocoon pattern by Annie Modesitt. I just think this is such a pretty jacket and the fact that it was inspired by a classic doily pattern must have scratched that doily itch I was having or something. I picked up the yarn at Webs when I went to see Stephanie and it is really lovely to work with so far. The tencel content really lets the yarn slide nicely.

My only problem so far (after getting the errata update) has been the directions after round 19. I'm not sure exactly what they meant to do, but instead of doing the rounds as numerically listed, I worked round 18 five times and then went on to round 12 before ending off the MC. Here's hoping it works out. Anyone else out there working on this and ending up equally confused?

I have more plans for making patterns from this particular issue, but I'll blog about that when I get to them.

And now I must get back to waiting for updates on the game-we-will-not-discuss for which I have sacrificed one of my remaining SnB nights in CT. What a girl won't do for her team....