<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Socks are taking over my life!!

5.19.2006
Well, not really. But there sure does seem like a lot of sock stuff floating around in my world right now. Thanks to Lolly posting about it on her blog, the Summer of Socks is approaching 50 participants! Incidentally, if you'd like to sign up please, please, please DO NOT leave a comment. Send an e-mail to Zarzuela1996 at yahoo dot com with your name and blog address and which parts of the along you would like to participate in. It just makes it so much easier for me when I'm putting you all into the spreadsheet and the blog. Speaking of the blog, for now, please be sure to add the feed for this blog to your feed reader of choice (Bloglines or otherwise). There will be a separate blog for the along and when it is ready I'll let you know from here. This blog will also be moving very soon, so be sure to stay tuned for updates!

I'm also very excited to tell you about some of the prizes that have been offered. Jen will be donating a skein of her handspun (which I saw in action at SnB last night and was quite impressed), Morgan has offered to donate something yet to be determined, and Paula has a skein of Regia up for the winner. Then Mama E also said she would donate some of her handspun and dyed yarn (I'm loving the blue for the next month of Project Spectrum)! And on top of all that, we have a corporate sponsor! Tara of blondechickenboutique.com and I will be working out the details of a donation from her soon to be up and running shop featuring organic and fair trade handpainted yarns! How cool is that?! Thank you all for your generosity. If you would like to sweeten the pot, do let me know...

In the midst of all this I've been knitting on... wait for it... a sock! Shocking I know. I finished one this past week:



This is the Broadripple Pattern from an old issue of Knitty. I'm using Cascade Fixation since the pattern calls for it. When I was looking for a pattern for this yarn Lolly suggested something with ribbing and Beth suggested something with lace and I thought this kind of combined the two. Now I am not making an accusations here mind you, but now that the first sock is done, doesn't this look a bit Jaywalker-esque? I am enjoying it just as much too. Although I'm on a self-imposed yarn buying moratorium, I may try to pick up another two balls of this before I go on vacation. I kind of like the fact that I'm cranking out a pair of socks on size 3 needles. They seem so big compared to the size 1s I'm using for the latest HWJF socks!

I also am wondering what the hell I was thinking when I picked out this color. If you are a long time reader you know that my color palette of choice is generally more geared to the blue side (understatement of the century, I know) but I decided to try and break out a bit with this selection. Um... yeah. So I really don't know what the heck I would wear with these. Perhaps they will become weekend bumming around socks. They are definitely squishy and comfy so I do think there will be more of these type in my future, just not this color.


I do have more to show, but time and energy are short (that's what staying up until 11pm entering names when you have to be up at 5am will do to ya!). Perhaps there will be a post this weekend, but perhaps not since there is a rather big event planned. You may just have to wait until Monday. Evil I know. Have a great weekend (and please send dry thoughts to central NJ. Rain would really suck this weekend)!