<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Broadripple socks

6.09.2006
While I'm out of the woods and back in NJ for the moment, I'm not organized enough yet to give you a full account of bassoon camp and the last two glorious weeks. So instead you get a finished object post that is long overdue!

Broadripple Socks



Pattern: Broadripple socks from Knitty
Yarn: Cascade Fixation
Needles: Size 3 addi turbos
Knit: 5/2/06-5/19/06
Modifications: none

Not much to say about this project except I'm really happy with how they turned out. I had a difficult time getting started with this yarn, mostly because I just wasn't used to how stretchy it really is. I also tried doing these on clover bamboo circs at first and that was just not going to happen. I couldn't figure out if I was supposed to stretch it as I knit or not. Once I switched to the addis, I realized that I could just knit and let it stretch or not as it pleased. The pattern was really simple to memorize and it made for good commuter knitting. Now that I know how to work with it, I really love the yarn and definitely have a few more pairs planned with it in the future.


More to come on bassoon camp and my yarny adventures while on vacation. If you'll excuse me for now, I have over 300 bloglines subs to read!