Pattern: Generic Toe-up from Queen Kahuna.
Needles: Addi Turbo size 1
Here is pair number three for HWJF. He's holding them up while relaxing on the porch at camp. There were a couple of firsts with this pair of socks for me. This was my first time using Opal yarn and I enjoyed it. It's very springy yet strong and I think it will make a nice wearing sock. Coupled with this is the fact that this was my first time using a size 1 needle for socks. While it did make them seem to take f-o-r-e-v-e-r to knit, I can definitely see the difference in the fabric. These will probably be harder wearing just for the gauge difference, never mind the yarn.
In this pic you might be able to tell, if you look *real* closely, that this is this pair of socks stage debut! As soon as they came off the needles they went on HWJF's feet and he happened to be playing in recital hour that day. When he got on stage he introduced himself, "Hi! My name is _(HWJF)_ and these are my new red socks!" I almost died. Luckily most everyone had already seen me working on them so they knew what was going on. Although someone asked him later about his new Fox (a popular brand of bassoon, in this instance).
As for me, I'm slowly settling back into reality. I was fine until this morning when I had to drag myself to work after a very restless night of sleep (i.e. I got none). That and the condition of my apartment (pics coming soon) are making it a little tough, but I've got Stitch 'n Bitch tonight and seeing everyone after a two week lapse always is a pick-me-up. Another FO post to come soon...