Pattern: Lacy Leaf Cocoon from the Spring 2006 Interweave Crochet
Yarn: Cascade Pima Tencel 5 skeins
Hook: Size G Brittany Birch
Modifications: Shortened the sleeves, deciphered the pattern!
This isn't the best pic of the jacket in the world, but you get the idea. Except for the sleeves and a little bit of tightness in the armholes, I really love how this turned out. This pattern was absolutely fraught with mistakes which made making this a bit difficult. Luckily they had some very nice pictures in the magazine or I would have gotten absolutely nowhere with this. As I've said before, I'm not sure who is to blame for that, but there you have it. Along with the bad directions I should have expected that the yarn requirements weren't quite right when they gave the same requirements for each size. So I did, of course, run out of yarn. I had planned on shortening the sleeves anyway since I plan on wearing this to work and I didn't want to be pushing them back all the time, but I didn't expect them to be *quite* this short. I ended up making the sleeves as long as I could with the darker blue color and then just adding a simple single crochet edging to finish it off. Not as nice as I would have liked, but not a bad solution considering the situation. As I said, the armholes are a little tight, but considering the fact that this is a 50% cotton yarn, I think it may stretch a bit anyway. I'll be very interested to see what happens when this hits the water, since I haven't quite gotten it there yet. I'll be sure to report any interesting findings!
My weekend plans involve packing stuff up, cutting stuff off, important acquisitions, a little sleep, a little music, and a big change. Details to follow soon. Have a great weekend!