<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Zarzuela Knits and Crochets
My blog about my knitting, crocheting, and anything else I feel like ranting about!

Hoppity hop hop and wiggle wiggle

8.12.2005
Thanks for the comments on the last post. The possibilities as to why the toilet is doing its thing were pretty damn funny! Of course Andrea has the right idea...but the others were sure fun!

Check out what Eklectika gave me as a housewarming gift last night:



How cool is that?!?!! I absolutely love them. And of course, they have blue beads on them too. :) Thanks so much!!

After having completed two big sweater projects earlier this year, I am totally into small, instant gratification things lately. I want a project that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with when I begin it. Mindless stockinette is also a plus. But with that I needed a little variety. So a couple of weeks ago I finally cast on what is my graduation present to myself. A bunny scarf!

Now I know what you're thinking... "That doesn't look like bunnies at all!" And you are right. It's a feather and fan pattern with seed stitch boarder knit on size 8 addis. What makes it a bunny scarf is the fiber content. This totally yummy stuff is 50/50 angora/silk. I picked it up at the CT Sheep and Wool Festival way back in May from local knitblogger and bunny raiser extrodinaire, Chris. Not only does she raise the bunnies, but she gives them their harecuts (get it, hare. Hahaha) and also spins the fiber herself after having it commercially processed. After seeing a scarf she was making at one of our Stitch 'n Bitch meetings and experiencing this amazingly soft yarn for myself (I really wish there was "feel-o-vision" Internet for you people right now. This stuff is amazing!) I knew I had to get some. Graduating with my M.L.S. in May seemed like the perfect excuse so I went for it. Chris was even nice enough to e-mail me the pattern she was using for her scarf. Mine still needs a little blocking but I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Thanks for the great yarn and pattern Chris!

I even got more animal fun in my life today. Between getting ready for my trip this weekend and still putting things in their place in my new apartment, I got to puppy sit! My good friend Robyn's sweet boxer Thumbelina had 8 puppies on Wednesday! Belina needs a little support during her first few days as a new mommy so I went over to her place to hang out for a couple of hours. Sami was with me and they were so damn cute I just have to post a few pics. (Sorry the pics kinda suck. It wasn't too light in the room and I just didn't want to use the flash and disturb them.)





Belina had to have an emergency C-section to have her puppies, hence the shaved area and the big cut in her side. After a rough start, Mom and the kids seem to be doing really well. It was fun to spend some time with them.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to Maine by way of Long Island. (Yeah. I live in CT. Don't ask.) Until next week... Ciao!